- Lightly brown the pinenuts in a frying pan and reserve for the garnish.
- Thinly spread pesto over each slice of meat, roll up and pin with a cocktail
stick. Gently fry in oil until lightly browned all over and keep warm.
- Gently fry the onion in the same oil until transparent, add the garlic
and cook through for a minute or so, add the peppers and fry for a further
minute or so, add the tomatoes and cook for 5 - 10 minutes 'til it reaches
a coarse sauce-like consistency.
- Meanwhile spread the potato slices on a baking tray and sprinkle each
one generously with grated Parmesan. Season with a little paprika or black
pepper. Cook in a hot oven (200C) 'til the cheese melts and takes on a
little colour (approx 10 minutes).
- Steam or boil the beans 'til just cooked; they are better with a slightly
- Make a flattened pile of beans in the middle of each plate. Remove
the skewers from the fillet rolls and arrange them on top of the beans,
spoon some sauce over them.
- Arrange potato slices around the edge of the plate, scatter pinenuts
between them and garnish the stack with torn basil leaves and any stray
bits of baked parmesan that might be left on the baking tray.
One could use slices of courgette, either steamed or fried in butter,
rather than the Helda beans, but I like the texture of the beans better.